STARFLOWER OIL Borage Seed 250mg Capsules
This plant contains Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) at approximately twice the level of Evening Primrose Oil (EPO). Starflower Oil has shown potential benefits for various aspects of health.
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) - Some individuals report a reduction in swollen abdomen and breast discomfort and a potential improvement in mood.
- Eczema and other skin disorders - Starflower Oil is available on prescription for eczema, and it may offer support for skin health. Some individuals with psoriasis report potential benefits from its use.
- Cholesterol and Blood Pressure - Studies suggest potential support in reducing high serum cholesterol and blood pressure over several weeks.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - Some individuals have reported easing off non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs after supplementation, particularly when used in conjunction with fish oils.
- Alcoholism - There are suggestions that it may assist in making withdrawal more manageable and potentially help reduce post-drinking depression, although further research is needed.
- Immune System - Adequate essential fatty acids may contribute to a healthy immune system, but more research is required to understand its precise effects on interferon, the body's natural virus killer.